Hey guys. It’s already that time of the year again. Time to slow down and reflect on the year that’s passed, enjoy some time with the family, and of course do a little shopping for your loved ones. Okay let’s be honest, shopping for you. Listed below are several items that are the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu equivalent of an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle. Don’t shoot your eye out!
1. Magazine Subscriptions: It is awesome how many magazines are covering the art today. Lots of great information and inspiration. Here are two of my favorites:
2. DVDs: A great way to get better at Jiu Jitsu is by watching how the great ones do it. There are lots of good instructional as well as competition videos available. Check out these places for a good start:
3. Books: When I started training BJJ there was really only one book on the market. If you go to amazon today, there are like a thousand! Here are some recommendations:
4. A new gi! If your loved one(or you!) has been on the really good list, you can get them a shiny new gi. Here are a couple of excellent places to pick one up:
5. BJJ/MMA gear. If they’ve been good but not that good, maybe just get them a t-shirt, hoodie, or some grappling shorts but pleeeeaaase nothing from Affliction or Tap Out . Haha, only kidding.
6. Private lessons. The fastest way to improve your Jiu Jitsu is with private lessons. They can be expensive ($100/hour and up) but very worth it. If you live near the Owasso, OK area, call me for details 918-269-1593 or visit us at www.teamclinch.com.